J-Lo

J-Lo, Jo, Mojo, Jojo .. well they really are just plain ol' me. Bookmark this page for some bedtime reading and do post some comments once in a while for the love of me. *^_^*

Monday, January 24, 2005

Puffing my life away …

Puff Puff, Read Read, Puff Puff, Can’t Chat, MSN Down …


See See Look Look Scroll Up & Down ..

OK Lah I’ve decided to just keep this template :) Kinda like the colour combination. At least I managed to get over my “dark side” and just bring out the fuchsia in fuchsialowe. After all, pink is one of my favorite colors, topping blue at that!

Anyhow … YES I’ve decided to keep this template and will continuously design more things (I hope) in attempt to pretty up my blog. Maybe I might do a whole new interface and put my multimedia studies to good use. At least I’ll then be proud to say I’m the workings of an IACT graduate.

Reminiscing the past …

Was at dinner with Mom and Sis when we suddenly started talking about a relative going hysterical after going for a bypass and was taken out of the ICU for a while before going hysterical sending him back into the ICU. We then started thinking about brave men shitting their pants when going into surgery, including my dad. Then we tried recalling the time when my dad was sent into surgery for a stomach ulcer (thanks to all that beer) which put him off drinking permanently for the rest of his life.

We then started debating on when the incident happened by looking at several milestones i.e the house we lived in, the car we had, where was my sis working and how old I was when it happened. Eventually, the conversation led on to us recalling our earliest memories, as vivid as it may seem.

After much brain exercise, I finally summed up that I can recall up to the point where I was 2 or 3, when my sister was still in school (mind you she’s 15 ½ years older than me) where I was sitting on her bed observing her preparation for school one morning. We, the 3 ladies then sat down in the hall and just shared our memories, good and bad. Somehow, somewhere during that conversation, there always was mention of the events of life and death. Then there was the long “LOW” family history.

The “Low” family on it’s own is HUGE. Assuming my dad and his siblings make up the first generation, his eldest brother is already a great-grandfather. We’re looking forward to the next family gathering when one of my NIECES gets married. She’s probably in her 30s, meaning she’s much older than I am. The family gathering would be somewhat nice to see, as it would bring together FOUR generations of the “Low” family together in one joyous occasion. Imagine … I, J-LO, at 21 years old am a GRAND Aunt.


My eldest cousin is as old as dad. I’m the youngest of my generation. Basically I’ve got 1 more cousin unmarried and then there’s my sister and myself. I think my cousin will probably get hitched first followed by me. Don’t think my sister has any intentions of settling down ever in the near future. She just doesn’t seem the part …

Anyhow … being in a rather large and influential family, I feel some sort of pressure around; furthermore I’m after all of age and an adult already. I know my mom wants a grandchild and I know that I’m her only hope. Don’t think that will happen anytime soon since I don’t even have a boyfriend to begin with. She proudly introduces me as her fat daughter who will never find a boyfriend because she’s too fat.

And so Jojo Low, the youngest of her generation in her Low family, will now embark on a journey of weight shedding and health consciousness. Wish me luck. For now, I’ll just be the pig that I was born to be and SLEEP. Oh my precious bed is just calling out my name, so loud, so sweet, so tempting... And then I drift … off into a world of DREAMS… one that will not be interrupted by the phone ringing nor the sirens of a fire truck nor the honk of a lorry nor a knock on my door … I shall become a sleeping beauty that the only 2 things that will wake me up are the kisses of my prince charming … or the sound of my alarm at 7.30 am. So Long …