J-Lo

J-Lo, Jo, Mojo, Jojo .. well they really are just plain ol' me. Bookmark this page for some bedtime reading and do post some comments once in a while for the love of me. *^_^*

Monday, July 05, 2004

A very Dusty Day

Moving house is no joke. Cleaning a house left by bachelors is worse. I'm moving to Section 6 PJ (near the dreaded roundabout) soon, after we clear the mess in that house. I've been trying to adjust my biological clock back to normal so I woke up after 8 hours of sleep. Took a shower and then banked in my cheque (which still hasn't cleared even though its a house cheque) and then headed of to my future home.

The house has been left quite empty since my sister moved to JB. Ok let me just explain ... The house is basically my aunt's house, who moved to a bigger house in Bangsar. After she moved, the house was empty. My sister doesn't like living at home so my aunt initially just asked her to house-sit the house. Eventually, Ju (my sister) moved in there and has been calling it home for quite some time now.

Over the years, a couple of bachelors moved in to occupy the other 2 rooms. I don't know why they left but they certainly left the house in a mess when they did. The rooms are actually quite empty as I'm sure the bachelors made sure they brought everything with them when they left.

The house is a pretty normal double storey terrace, with 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms. Now I mentioned earlier it was my aunt's old house. When she moved out, she brought a great deal of things over, and left a great deal of things behind. There is a small guest room downstairs which is locked with things piled to the ceiling. Its just mom and me so I guess we can make do with one room less. However, there still is a lot of other things that aren't ours in the house and they're simply scattered all over the place. We just can't throw out other people's things now can we ... ?

Mom and I get to the house, look around many many many times and still can't figure out what to do or where to start. Mom then decides to clear out the porch and the garden. Now I don't think anyone will miss weeds while they're gone right ? And so I swept up the porch and mom pulled out lots of weeds, wild plants and god knows what else. Then we went upstairs and there is a small tiny store-room there. Guess what we find there ? No its not a corpse or a bag of money, neither is it anything creepy. Its newspapers. 3 years worth of newspapers to be precise. Nope, no kidding. There was so much of paper you just don't know how to get rid of them. There wasn't a window we could toss it down from so that left us with one choice - carry them downstairs and then wait for the 'paper lama' guy to come get it.

By the time we got to the newspaper part, the dust had gotten to me so bad I was wheezing, sneezing and coughing like a mad pig. I couldn't carry any more papers and had to just sit down and drink water. Thats how bad dust can get to me. Finally managed to persuade mom to leave before the jam builds up. Got home at around 5 and I just knocked out flat on the bed because the allergy by then got me tearing and coughing badly. I just woke up not too long ago feeling much better.

I'm excited about moving to PJ. When I do, I'll be closer to some friends and who knows, maybe even to work. Its also gonna be very near to church, and much nearer to Subang ;)Whats in Subang ? foosball of course ! Come to think of it, I haven't played since Friday. I will probably be having a drink with VJ tonight so maybe I'll go foos tomorrow .... yeah sounds like a good plan.

I think I'll sign off for now and go watch some telly while mom is cooking. Cherrio :)